Wednesday, October 5, 2011

Journey to Class

This is the typical day of how I get to Art Education 252 every other morning. I would leave my house around 8:40am to go to Christie's house because we would carpool to school. Every Monday she would drive to school and every Wednesday I would drive to school. When I have this class, I would wake up super early because there's always traffic getting to Christie's house and sometimes to school because that's when everyone goes to work. So usually I would feel like I'm in a rush to get to her house and wait for her to come out so we can get to school. And somehow every time when we arrive at school, we only have 10 - 15 minutes before class starts. We would start off speed walking then end up running to class because we don't want to be late. We always arrived to class out of breath and look at what time to see if we were late or not.
As you can see in the first picture, I'm driving out of my neighborhood to go to Christie's and it was a foggy morning. Then I would take 315 S and there would always be traffic and I feel like no matter how early I leave, I'm always stuck in the traffic. In the third and fourth picture is when Christie and I already parked and speed walking to class. We would see the cross walk and hope to tell us that we can cross the street before we start to check the time to see if we need to start running yet. Then we finally see the stadium and wished that our legs were longer or that we could have parked closer, so we wouldn't have to walk as much. And finally we arrive to class on time, but out of breath!

In the picture above, I used photoshop to create this image. Even though it looks like one picture, but I used four different layers for each picture to make it look how my day starts to when I get to class. Then I added text to it describe what's going on so whoever is looking at this picture wouldn't get confused. It was hard to get make all the pictures the same size, but I kept changing my scale to make it perfect. Then adding the text and the color of the text points out my personality. This was my first time really using photoshop, so I'm glad it was a easy project to start with. 

I feel like I don't pay much attention to my surroundings when I'm getting to this class because I'm so focused on getting to class on time and don't really look around. But today was different because we are doing a project on how we get to class and what we pay attention to and what we miss. Today, we stopped and took some pictures of our surroundings and made me realized how much I'm missing out on what's around me because I'm just focused on getting to class on time. Usually I would see these things, but not really pay attention to it and just glance at it. The usual things I would see are cars, lights and stadium.

1 comment:

  1. Very nice summary. I like the harried aspect of it...that would be interesting to try to incorporate.

    ReplyDelete